|Job Title||LifeLine Ambulance EMT & 911 Backup Coverage + 6K Retention*|
|Location||Arcadia, CA*||*Position is based out of Arcadia, CA|
|Reports to||LA County Operations|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends, Swing Shift|
LifeLine is actively providing 911 Backup Coverage.
LifeLine Ambulance is currently offering a $6,000 Retention bonus to full time applicants that accept a job offer and in orientation before January 31, 2022.
The primary duties of the EMT include transporting and administering basic life support treatment, to sick or injured persons in the pre-hospital and inter-facility setting.
Arcadia Location services the following communities: Azusa, Baldwin Park, Duarte, El Monte, Monrovia, Pasadena, West Covina. For additional location information please see below.
The EMT has the opportunity to be assigned one or more of the following duties following the guidelines on their designated county scope of practice:
- Drives specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations and hospitals based off the instructions given by the Lead Emergency Medical Dispatcher. Monitoring communication equipment to ensure constant communication with the Dispatch Center
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury to establish basic life support procedures set forth by scope of practice.
- Take and record patients’ vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse and respiratory rate. Administer prescribed treatment at the site of an emergency, or in specially equipped vehicles, performing such activities as first aid, administration of oxygen, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or administration of basic life support procedures.
- Assist with admitting and billing personnel to obtain and record information related to the patient’s vital statistics and to establish the necessity for medical transportation.
- Maintains vehicles, medical and communication equipment and replenishes equipment and supplies. Complete electronic rig checkout and vehicle supply check in Operative IQ inventory tracking system.
- Participates in Quality Improvement and Continuing Education activities including chart audits, peer reviews and focused studies.
- Serves as a company representative promoting positive client relationships through proactive involvement in public business and community activities.
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
- Must participate in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance audits.
- Implements corrective/preventive measures as determined by the Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
- Takes swift and immediate action in accordance with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance on any areas of concern.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
A Vocational Education is required, and you will need to obtain your licensure through the State of California. Current certification as a basic cardiac life support provider (CPR) is required.
Los Angeles County
- Arcadia Methodist Hospital
- Barlow Hospital Medical Center
- Beverly Hospital
- Garfield Medical Center
- Glendale Adventist Hospital
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
- Lakewood Regional Medical Center
- Long Beach Hospital
- Olympia Medical Center
- Pomona (Mt SAC)
- San Gabriel Valley Medical Center
- Sherman Oaks
- White Memorial Medical Center
- Whittier Hospital
- USC Keck
- Anaheim Global Medical Center
- Laguna Hills
- Los Alamitos Medical Center
- Orange Global Medical Center
- Santa Ana
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- California Driver’s License
- California Ambulance Driver’s license
- State of California EMT-1 Certification
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate (DL 51)
- Orange County Provider’s License (if applicable)
- City of Los Angeles DOT permit (if applicable)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to accurately complete forms and write concise and accurate reports.
- Ability to effectively present information, listen actively and comprehend to co-workers, licensed healthcare professionals, supervisors, managers and administrators.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret routine performance data and bar graphs
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts based on both objective and subjective data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret basic physiological and psychological signs and symptoms and identify those that are not normal.
Frequently: Required to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Lift, carry and move up to 150 pounds.
Constantly: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally: Exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Frequently: Exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
LifeLine Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is LifeLine Ambulances policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or any class protected by State law.