|Job Title||Billing Collector*|
|Location||Commerce, CA, CA*||*Position is based out of Commerce|
|Reports to||Billing Department|
Get to Know Us
LifeLine ensures that “Complete Customer Care” is provided in every department and our mission as patient advocates, is to provide the highest quality care and customer experience in our billing practices by cultivating a strong and cohesive team established by promoting proper ethics while following government laws and regulations. Our goal is to deliver a “wow” experience during each client and customer interaction by providing:
- Personable and Professional Team Members
- Superior Training Programs
- Continuous Quality Assurance and Improvement Commitments
About the Position
Responsible for processing and following up with insurance payers on healthcare claims in a timely and efﬁcient manner to maintain cash ﬂow in support of the mission and goals of the billing ofﬁce. This requires knowledge of third-party payer requirements in order to implement an action plan to expedite payment of insurance accounts. You are expected to engage in high-level customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with our insurance contacts, third-party payers, co-workers, departments, and others.
- Project management - must develop a process that will allow you to complete your work in a timely manner to meet anticipated deadlines
- Technical skills - must have adequate computer literacy skills as you will be working with our billing software, Google docs/Microsoft docs, and Google spreadsheet/Microsoft
- Customer service - manages difﬁcult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows up with insurance payors, as assigned, on unpaid claims; makes appeals, requests medical reviews as needed, and reviews reimbursement Uses both websites and calls as available.
- Reviews and takes appropriate action on all correspondence received for the assigned state or Turnaround of 24 hours required, up to 72 hours as an exception.
- Works with Coders to review trip runs to ensure medical diagnosis and support reasons for daily Reports any diagnostic updates.
- Provides billing support to management and operational staff by staying aligned with assigned state or payor insurance regulation updates and by keeping them
Education & Related Work Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 2 years of medical collections, preferably in the ambulance billing industry
- Ambulance/Medical billing certiﬁcation or diploma preferred
- A combination of education and experience is considered.
- Monthly bonus
- Insurance & Dental
- Vacation & Sick Time
Knowledge & Abilities
- ICD-9 and Condition Codes
- Ambulance transport documentation
- Medicare and Medi-Cal fee schedules
- Ability to interpret EOB (Explanation of Beneﬁts)