|Job Title||Ambulance Mechanic|
BE A PART OF OUR EXCITING GROWTH AS WE CONTINUE TO SHAPE THE WAY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION SERVICES IS DELIVERED.**
The primary job responsibilities of the Fleet Mechanic are to perform scheduled preventative maintenance based on Company required guidelines and in accordance with acceptable industry standards where applicable.
Repair and maintain company vehicles and mechanical equipment within the regulations of California Highway Patrol (CHP), State Department of Health, Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and LifeLine Ambulance.
- Follows strict schedules of maintenance.
- Performs the required maintenance schedules in a timely manner.
- Observe, diagnose, prioritize and repair various mechanical and electrical problems.
- Use various diagnostic equipment, tools and other shop equipment.
- Initiates purchase orders for parts and machines.Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Performs inspections of all road vehicles.
- Maintains and repairs stretcher and stair chair operations.
- Road service calls as necessary to evaluate and/or repair failed vehicles and/or equipment.
- Test drives each vehicle over approved route, which includes a combination of city streets and highways for no less than 5 miles.
- Serves as a backup to Lead Mechanic as needed.Qualifications
- Current state driver's license
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's Driving Policy.
- At least 5 years' experience as a front line mechanic in both gasoline and diesel engines, electrical, brakes, suspension systems, transmissions and A/C, or equivalent combination of education and experience.