|Job Title||Administrative Assistant|
Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Director
Reviewed & Updated:
The human resource assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answers phones for the HR department.
- Handles employment application/interview intake.
- Performs HRIS data entry (EPro) and personnel file maintenance.
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with new-employee orientations.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status when applicable
- Assists the Director with HR projects.
- Assists with benefits administration.
- Attention to Detail
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally performed primarily in a clean, indoor office environment with no adverse conditions of temperature or weather. Generally, works around others, works alone, face to face and verbal contact with others. May work irregular schedule/hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Local travel to various worksites may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, plus one year of office/clerical support experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous HR experience
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cognitive/Psychosocial Requirements/Mental Requirements
- Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
- Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple and complex math skills, reasoning.
- Constantly: Reading and writing, clerical, decision making.
- Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
- Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
- Telephone, computer, mouse, keypad, calculator, copy machine, stapler, 3-hole punch, postage machine, fax, scanner, laminating machine, and printer.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
LifeLine Ambulance is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.